Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQ )
Below are answers to the most asked questions about AR & VR !
What is the difference between Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality?
Augmented Reality means,
- It incorporates real world with the digital information overlay
- User’s presence is required for the experience
- Partially enclosed reality
- Real-world remains central to the experience, enhanced by virtual details
- Fully adoption of AR is going to take the time span of around 3 to 7 years and,
- Having partial see-through capabilities
On the other hand, Virtual Reality means that,
- It is completely a real world which is independently into digital and virtual world.
- User need not be present for experiencing the imaginary world
- Fully enclosed reality
- Synthetic experience with no sense of the real world
- Time horizon for adopting VR in different fields is expected to be 2 to 4 years and,
Not having see through capabilities
What is the difference between marker based AR and marker-less AR?
- The digital world is anchored to the real world
- To display an educational animation right onto the page of a book, we need to know that the user is pointing the camera at that particular page.
- The device must first recognise which page you’re looking at from the live camera view.
- This can be achieved by placing a distinctive picture or shape on the page.
- The picture will be recognised and the animation can start immediately, tracked to the appropriate place on the page.
- After that user can also move the physical book around and see the virtual world “stick” to the real surface of the page.
- The user moves the virtual objects
- Imagine an AR application that can place virtual furniture inside your living room.
- This allows the user to try different combinations of objects, styles and location.
- For this application, the user needs to decide where to place the virtual object. This is called “markerless AR”.
- Use markerless AR for those applications that do not require an “anchor” to the real world.
- Typically this means virtual objects will appear to “float” in mid-air.
It is also possible to automatically place a 3D augmented reality object onto a flat surface to increase realism, for instance placing a lamp onto a table.
What are the technologies in which the AR platform works?
AR platform works on a range of technologies like:
There are different types of AR like marker type, markerless and beacon type AR. Depending on your needs, the type of AR can be decided to create the maximum impact for your organisation.
How much does an AR project cost?
This is a very common augmented reality faq. In fact, the quality and level of experience required to determine the cost of producing AR content. There are several other factors too that are involved. Contact us directly to discuss in detail and get a quote.
How does High Poly vs Low Poly in 3D Modeling work for AR?
The trick is to keep the polygon count low while still making a model that looks great. We assume you understand the reason for the game’s need for low poly counts, it’s all about framerate. If you can make something look great in a low polygon count, nobody will question that you could make it look even better with more polygons.
How will VR work for us?
- Virtual reality generally refers to a certain kind of reality emulation.
- Everything that is perceived by our senses forms a part of our reality.
- Virtual reality is a three- dimensional or 3D environment that is generated by a computer and is explored by a person.
- The person starts feeling like a part of their environment.
- People can experience virtual reality with the help of specialised electronic equipment like HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, samsung Gear VR and Google Cardboard.
What Are the accepted file formats?
We are able to work with various kinds of 2D and 3D formats, which include 3DS Max, CAD and more. You are free to contact us if you’d like to know in detail about all the kinds of file formats that we can work with.
Which VR headsets does your company support?
Our team works with Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Samsung Gear VR and Google Cardboard. In case your preference is something else, you can surely get in touch with us and we can discuss the various possibilities.
What is the duration of creating a VR experience?
The total time taken to complete a VR project depends on many aspects like the size of structure, number of interactions and the intricacy that each level demands. No exact time can be quoted as each VR undertaken is different from the others. However, getting some initial information can help in giving the time estimate. We request you to contact us or drop email on firstname.lastname@example.org